Click here to view a full-size image
It's Not As Tough As You Think
How to smooth out life's bumps.
By Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski (Author)
List Price: $9.99
Online Discount: 10%
You Pay Only: $8.99
Catalog #: TOUGP
Binding: Paperback / Pages: 236
Dimensions: 5.5 x 6.5 inches / Weight: 0.50 LBS
Published: by Shaar Press
In Stock?: YES
|Other Editions|| Special|
| In Stock?|
App Ebook || $5.99|| FUTURE||
Read A Sample Chapter
Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski is not your typical rabbi. And Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. is not your typical psychiatrist. Since these two Twerskis are one and the same, this is far from your typical self-help book.
Thanks to Dr. Twerskis unique approach, which combines sensitivity and practical psychiatric insight, youll achieve a unique perspective and a refreshing approach as to how to deal with lifes inevitable problems, both big and small.
Case in point: stress. Through proven modification and coping techniques, Dr. Twerski will show you how to take the distress out of stress, and consequently turn it into a powerful motivator.
Dr. Twerski will also help you become more proactive as he shows you what to do when youre told Dont just stand there...do something!
Never one for pat, generic solutions, Dr. Twerski gives you the benefit of his over 35 years of experience -- as both a rabbi and a psychiatrist -- and he does it in a simple, conversational way. After just a few pages, youll instantly understand why hes one of the countrys preeminent psychiatrists -- and why over 40,000 people have sought him out for advice.
If youre ready for a down to earth approach that will help improve your quality of life, let Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. show you why Its Not As Tough As You Think.
Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. is a psychiatrist and an ordained rabbi. He is the founder of the Gateway Rehabilitation Center in Pittsburgh, a leading center for addiction treatment. He is Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Twerski is a prolific author, with over 50 books to his credit, 4 of them in collaboration with Charles Schulz, creator of the Peanuts comic strip.
View Sample Pages!
Browse Related Books:
Books > Inspiration
Books > ArtScroll Classic Best Sellers
Books > Special Imprints > PocketScroll Series
Other Selected Titles by Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski:
Dearer Than Life
Rebbes and Chassidim: What They Said - What They Meant
Simchah - It's Not Just Happiness
Wisdom Each Day
Click here for full list
Table of Contents
- May You Have Many Worries
- Behind At Half Time
- Who Wants to Be Married to a Loser?
- It All Depends on How You See It
- Where Do the Check Marks Go?
- -If Only You Knew More, You Might Not Be so Frustrated
- You Want to Be Heard, Don't You?
- Avoid the Need for Regrets
- Futile Actions Are Futile
- It May Be Very Big
- Take Things in Perspective
- Judge Favorably and Act Accordingly
- Stay Within Reality
- Aged Wine Is Superior
- Run for Your Life
- Life Emulates Prayer
- Losing Can Be Winning
- There May Be Salvation in a Crisis
- The Sage of the Salmon
- Nowadays, It's Tougher
- We Are Never Alone
- There's Magic in a Smile
- A Move In the Right Direction
- Don't Get Paranoid
- Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction
- First Things (Big Things) First
- Tolerating Suspense
- The Narrow Bridge
- A Sober Outlook
- Well-Chosen Words
- Don't Respond Prematurely, Even in Thought
- Silence Speaks in a Loud Voice
- Converting A Mistake into Something Meaningful
- Keep Your Interests Fresh
- Crying Is Not a Sin (and Certainly Not a Shame)
- Expect the Best, Not the Worst
- Ambition or Proving Yourself?
- Maybe I Do Have an Erroneous Self-Concept
- They Are Really Not Talking About You
- Positive Parenting
- Want to be Nudnik-Proof?
- You Are Worth It
- Don't Wait for the Other Person to Say He's Sorry
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil
- Growth Is Not Painless
- Not Everything Emotional Is Psychological
- Now, Isn't That Absurd?
- Coping With Pain
- There Is a Master Plan
- Accentuate the Positives
- You Can Expect Only What You Are
- You Can't or You Won't
- Escaping Reality
- Don't Spread Misery
- Some Mountains Melt Into Molehills
- An Image Reflecting in the Water
- I'm Not Perfect, You're Not Perfect
- Tune in
- The Joy in Gratitude
- I've Got a Little List
- Keeping it Simple
- Our Roles May Change, But Not Our Value
- Apologize? Not Always
- Children: Going Away or Going Astray
- Who Broke the Glass?
- Beware of Geographic Cures
- Lunchtime Is Not Worktime
- A King Remains a King
- Self-Sacrifice Is Not Necessarily Noble
- A Laugh a Day Keeps Misery Away
- Cut Your Losses
- Forgiveness Is Within Reach
- Stress Can Be Beneficial
- An Unlimited Supply
- Setback or Opportunity?
- Making Wise Decisions
- Enjoy Your Food
- Criticism: Constructive or Destructive?
- Lack of Success Is Not Equivalent to Failure
- Brief Is Better
- Do You Look How You Feel or Feel How You Look?
- Overwhelming? That Depends
- Be in Touch With Your Feelings
- Alone or Lonely?
- Don't Be Afraid to Accept Help
- Keep Your Eye on the White Line
- Have Mercy on Fools
- Power Can Be Seductive
- Learning to Pray
- Keep an Open Mind
- Dust to Dust - So What!
- Putting Humpty Dumpty Together
- Don't Extrapolate
- You Are More Okay Than Not
- Wisdom or Prophecy: Which Would You Choose?
- Some Fears Are Good for You
- Watch Out for Distorted Perceptions
- Book the President's Room
- Is It Fear of Success or of Failure?
- It's a Mistake to Compound a Mistake
- You're Never Too Old to Learn
- Let Your Appreciation Be Complete