Click here to view a full-size image
The Laws of Tzedakah and Maaser
A Comprehensive Guide
By Rabbi Shimon Taub (Author)
List Price: $23.99
Online Discount: 20%
You Pay Only: $19.19
Catalog #: LOTH
Binding: Hardcover / Pages: 195
Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches / Weight: 1.20 LBS
Published: by ArtScroll Mesorah Publications
In Stock?: YES
We all know that one of a Jew's primary obligations is to give tzedakah, to support the poor, help the sick, and share the burden of Torah institutions. But just as the laws of kashrus are detailed and complex, so are the laws of tzedakah. Rabbi Shimon Taub, a scholar of note, has mastered these laws and shares them with us.
- Are any earnings exempt from tithing?
- How about capital gains?
- May one adjust profits for inflation?
- How much may one earn and still be eligible for charity?
- Is one ever required to give more than a tenth?
The questions are myriad - and fascinating. And this book has them all, including sources and scholarly footnotes in Hebrew.
This book is a basic text, an excursion into every relevant halachic area, and an exciting learning experience for everyone!
View Sample Pages!
Browse Related Books:
Books > Jewish Law And Practices > Tzedakah and Monetary Issues
Books > Jewish Law And Practices > Jewish Law and Practice - All Titles
Table of Contents
- In Memory of Joe Tanenbaum A"H
- Foreword - by Rabbi Baruch Taub
- The Mitzvah of Tzedakah
- Definition and Support of the Poor
- Who is Obligated in Tzedakah
- How to Fullfill the Mitzvah of Tzedakah
- Kedimos - Order of Precedence
- Opportune Times and Occasions for Giving Tzedakah
- Exceptions to Takanas Usha
- Vows of Charity - Nidrei Tzedakah
- Charity Collector - Gabbai Tzedakah
- Responsibilities of a Donor
- Tithing Money - Maaser Kesafim
- When is Maaser Applicable?
- Deductions from Maaser
- Additional Uses for Maaser Funds
- Summary of Halachos of Maaser Kesafim According to the Chofetz Chaim
- Hebrew Index