Click on picture to view a full-size image
Make Me, Don't Break Me
Motivating children for success at home and in the classroom. A practical guide for parents and teachers.
By Rabbi Moshe Gans (Author)
List Price: $24.99
Online Discount: 20%
You Pay Only: $19.99
Catalog #: MAKH
Binding: Hardcover / Pages: 302
Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches / Weight: 3.00 LBS
Published: by ArtScroll Mesorah Publications
In Stock?: YES
Read A Sample Chapter
Who among us are satisfied with our performance as parents? As teachers? Arent there techniques and ideas, rooted in Torah and the worldview of our Sages, that can help us maximize the latent potential of our children and students?
Rabbi Moshe Gans, an eminent educator, draws on his years of chinuch experience to give us practical hands-on answers to this quest -- how to motivate children for success.
Make Me Dont Break Me is full of real-life situations that we encounter everyday -- both at home and in the classroom.
- How can I inspire my child to be more responsible?
- How can I learn to be more complimentary and consistent?
- How can I set clear goals and effectively motivate my child or student?
- How can I be more patient, retain control and enhance my childs performance of lifes day-to-day tasks.
Make Me Dont Break Me is the silent plea of every child (and adult). The techniques and exercises vividly portrayed in this eye-opening guide have helped countless people in the delicate task of child-rearing.
It works -- and who can argue with success.
* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author studied at Beth Medrash Govoha, Lakewood, N.J., where he received semichah from Rabbi Shneur Kotler, zt"l. A mechanech with fourteen years experience, he received a doctorate in education and served as a teacher, school principal and private consultant. He has counseled parents and teachers, both in the United States and Israel, in motivational and behavioral techniques, and maintains a private and institutional consulting service.
Browse Related Books:
Books > Self Help > Parenting
Books > Jewish Thought
Books > Inspiration
Books > Parenting
Other Selected Titles by Rabbi Moshe Gans:
Table of Contents
- Motivation and Parenting
- Motivate With Praise
- Motivate With Rewards
- Motivate Through Persuasion
- Teach Responsibility and Independence
- Expect the Best and Treat the Child as a Winner
- Motivate With Constructive Criticism
- Support the Child's Interests and Natural Talents
- Quick Strategies to Enhance Cooperation