Click on picture to view a full-size image
Shabbos and Yom Tov Divrei Torah
By Rabbi Raphael Pelcovitz (Author)
List Price: $19.99
Online Discount: 10%
You Pay Only: $17.99
Catalog #: TABP
Binding: Paperback / Pages: 209
Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches / Weight: 0.70 LBS
Published: by ArtScroll Mesorah Publications
In Stock?: YES
| In Stock?|
|| $22.49|| YES||
Read A Sample Chapter
Rabbi Raphael Pelcovitz is one of the crown jewels of the American rabbinate. During his long and successful career, he has taught, guided, and inspired thousands of men, women, and children. He once described his own teacher as a person who personified the depths of simplicity. The same term can be applied to him. In Rabbi Pelcovitzs brilliant formulations, the most complex ideas are compelling and comprehensible. He makes learning an enticing challenge, a pleasure and an adventure.
In this new book, Rabbi Pelcovitz offers a lifetime of learning and ideas on the weekly Torah readings. He shares with us his unusual ability to relate the thoughts of the Sages and commentators -- including his own insights -- to our everyday concerns. Indeed the Torah is eternal and always relevant, and this is a book that proves it.
As its title implies, Table Talk is meant to stimulate discussion. It takes a theme, expresses it, relates it, and embellishes it. Its for the Sabbath table, for an interesting afternoon stroll, for a study group -- or just for informative and provocative reading.
Join Rabbi Pelcovitz as he analyzes concepts under the lens of wisdom and experience and learning. His writing is crisp, his mood is amiable, his mind is nimble, his message is clear and to the point.
Bottom line? This is a book to enjoy and to share. It will lend spice to any table -- and mind.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rabbi Raphael Pelcovitz is rabbi emeritus of the famed Congregation Knesseth Israel, the White Shul, of Far Rockaway, New York. His previous ArtScroll books are the translation and annotation of Sfornos commentary on the Torah and Sfornos commentary on Pirkei Avos.
Browse Related Books:
Books > Jewish Thought > The Holidays
Books > Bible / Torah > Bible - All
Books > Shabbos / The Sabbath > Shabbos Table Torah Thoughts
Books > Bible / Torah > Bible Insights and Divrei Torah
Other Selected Titles by Rabbi Raphael Pelcovitz:
Sforno On Pirkei Avos
Sforno On Torah Complete In 1 Volume
Table of Contents
- Bereishis - Education, Growth and Maturity
- Noach - Reordering Our Priorities
- Lech Lecha - Possession and Ownership - Are They the Same?
- Vayeira - Man's Potential for Good or Evil
- Chayei Sarah - Nature vs. Nurture
- Toldos - Appearance and Reality
- Vayeitzei - It's All Relative / When a Pupil Becomes a Participant
- Vayishlach - What's in a Name?
- Vayeishev - Heeding the Heavenly Voice
- Mikeitz - Self-worth
- Vayigash - Day of Judgment, Day of Admonition / Dignity and Self-Respect
- Vayechi - Jewish Unity: Ethnicity and Faith
- Shemos - Not to Lose Sight of the Tree for the Forest / No Excuses, Please!
- Va'eira - For Your Own Good
- Bo - The Light That Shines in the Darkness / Second, but Not Last or Final
- Beshalach - Message in a Jar / Hearing and Reading
- Yisro - United We Stand
- Mishpatim - A Unique Derech Eretz / From Revelation to Legislation
- Terumah - Gateway to Heaven / The Cherubim: Face-to-Face or Face-Off
- Tetzaveh - The Art of Communication
- Ki Sisa - Human Standard
- Vayakhel - Style or Substance?
- Pikudei - Accounting and Accountability
- Vayikra - Listening, Hearing and Understanding
- Tzav - Consecrating One's Ear, Hand and Foot
- Shemini - Instruction or Admonition - Which is More Effective?
- Tazria - Transforming the "Nega" into "Oneg"
- Metzora - Who Shall Live and Who Shall Die?
- Acharei - Environmental Pollution and Education
- Kedoshim - How to Understand the Word "Kamocha"
- Emor - The Ordeal of the Ordinary
- Behar - Putting First Things First
- Bechukosai - Lessening Links - Diminishing Merits
- Bamidbar - To Count and Be Counted
- Nasso - To Be Blessed and to Be a Blessing / Coexistence and Peak
- Beha'aloscha - What do You Miss?
- Shelach - Logical Is Not Always Reasonable / Squandered Oppurtunity
- Korach - Not to Capture but to Captivate
- Chukas - Excess Causes Affluenza
- Balak - Israel's Vulnerability
- Pinchas - The Secret Is Timing
- Mattos - When Abundance Becomes Iniquity
- Masei - Travel Broadens Horizons
- Devarim - A Balanced Judgment / Light Unto the Nations / The Hidden Seeds of Redemption
- Va'eschanan - A Beneficial Decree / Seize the Moment
- Eikev - Use It or Lose It / Avinu Malkeinu - Our Father, Our King / Man's Creative Spirit
- Re'eh - Berachah, the Enabler
- Shoftim - A Clever or a Wise Person? / The Other Man / The Public and Private Persona
- Ki Seitzei - Chodesh or Yerach? / A True Measure of Faith / False Economy
- Ki Savo - A Basketful of Blessings / Evoking the Divine Voice / The Mezuzah at the Gateway to Eretz Yisrael
- Nitzavim - Action Inspires and Motivates / Means and Ends - Cause and Effect / Choosing Our Destin - Is It Ours To Choose?
- Vayeilech - A National Affirmation
- Haazinu - How to Give Mussar / An Eternal Link
- Vezos Haberacha - Fire and Water - Coexistance / Linking the Conclusion to the Beginning
- Rosh Hashanah - The Inner Voice
- Yom Kippur - Appreciation, Priorities and Values
- Succos - Illusory or Real Security
- Chanukah - Sanctity of Time, Place and Klal Yisrael / Why "Mehadrin"?
- Purim - The Correct Response
- Pesach - The Profound Lesson of Rabbi Gamliel
- Shavuos - The Power of Renewal