Open the Schottenstein Edition and step into a "study hall without walls." Feel the electricity, the excitement, the profundity, the beauty of the Talmudic experience!Let the Talmud open your eyes to the wonders of the Torah. Acclaimed by a broad spectrum of roshei yeshivah, scholars, and laymen around the world, this series letsyou join the world of Abaye and Rava without oversimplification, without extraneous material, without turgidity. It's clear. It's accurate. It's challenging. It's authentic.
- Every word of the text appears, vowelized and translated
- Each phrase is explained so that the reader understands the reasoning and flow
- Each question, answer, proof and rebuttal is introduced so that the reader will know where the Gemara is taking him
- Notes expand on the explanation of the Gemara's points, and explain unfamiliar ideas without interrupting the flow of the text
- Detailed diagrams
- Introductions to the entire tractate and to each topic, wherever necessary
- Glossary explains key expressions in each tractate
- Rashi headings in bold type
- Each translation page faces Gemara page of the classic Vilna Shas
- 7" x 10" page size
- Acid-free paper
- Magnificent specially sculpted cover
- Reinforced deluxe library binding for long use
The total linear measurement for this set is 98.5".