To view a demo of this magnificent book press "PLAY" below. To replay click on the arrow in the bottom left hand corner of the player
In the midst of the Israelite encampment in the burning desert stood the Mishkan, the Tabernacle, the sacred place where God's Presence dwelled. It was a place of glory, of beauty, of unmatched sanctity, and the focal point of Israel's existence during their journeys in the desert after the Exodus.
Now you can see how the Mishkan was built, its sacred vessels assembled, and the bigdei kehunah (the priestly vestments) woven and crafted.
With all of the same text and 3D color illustrations as the original version, the smaller and lighter new Compact Edition of the Kleinman Edition Mishkan is a great choice for educators, students, or anyone who doesn't have room for the full sized version.
- All new lighter paper and more portable size with all of the original text and illustrations.
- Hundreds of exquisite, full-color, detailed, realistic images of the Mishkan, its sacred vessels and priestly vestments.
- Relevant Chumash text describing the Mishkan, its vessels, and the priestly vestments, in Hebrew and English.
- Rashi text, in Hebrew and in English, on these Chumash verses - as elucidated by the acclaimed Sapirstein Edition.
- Clear explanations of the purpose of each vessel and the manner of use, based on the classic Torah and Talmudic sources.
- An Overview of the Mishkan and its place in Jewish life, by Rabbi Nosson Scherman
- A book for every age: clear, detailed captions make this suitable for children too - at home and in the classroom!