p>More Haftarahs are taken from Isaiah than from any other book of the Prophets. It is a Book of soaring prophecies, visions of the glorious Messianic future, insights into Jewish history and destiny, and powerful statements about the moral obligations of leaders and laymen. It has inspired and elevated Jews for millennia. But many of its prophecies have been taken out of context, misunderstood, and misinterpreted to serve non-Jewish ideologies.
This first volume in the Milstein Edition of the Later Prophets presents the Book of Isaiah as understood by the Sages and the classic commentators — all 66 chapters in one volume — in a way that makes it both accessible and enjoyable to scholar and layman alike.
Thanks to the brilliance of the ArtScroll/Mesorah team of scholars and writers — led by Rabbi Nosson Scherman — this translation and commentary provides new dimensions of understanding and beauty. It not only brings the verses alive, it makes them speak to us — in language, in outlook, in aspiration for spiritual growth.
This outstanding new work has a wide array of features: •A new English translation, firmly grounded in traditional sources
•A commentary culled from classic sources and presented gracefully and literately
• An Overview explaining the role of Isaiah in the context of his period and of Jewish history
• Newly set, accurate Hebrew text of the Tanach
• Newly set Hebrew commentaries of Rashi, Radak, and Metzudos Zion and David, so you can study on many levels
• Introductions and explanations of difficult concepts
• Lightweight, opaque, acid-free paper with reinforced binding, for decades of use
• Gilded page heads
• Ribbon place-marker
This volume is dedicated by Asher David Milstein