You have made the Stone Edition of the Chumash, by Rabbi Nosson Scherman, the standard English-language translation and commentary throughout the world. Countless people have requested a similar work on theProphets and Writings. We have heard you!
Thanks to the brilliance of the ArtScroll/Mesorah team of scholars andwriters ù led by Rabbi Nosson Scherman ù the tradition continues, with The Rubin Edition ù a translation and commentary of the Prophets that will sweep the English-speaking world, providing newdimensions of understanding and beauty.
There is a new degree of education and sophistication among English-speaking Jews, and this is a work that speaks to them.
This brilliant new work has an unprecedented array of feature:
- A highly regarded new translation, firmly grounded in traditional sources
- A commentary culled from classic sources and presented gracefully and literately
- Newly set Hebrew commentaries of Rashi, Radak, and Metzudos
- Newly set, accurate Hebrew Text of the Tanach
- An Overview on Prophets and Prophecy
- Introductions and explanations of difficult concepts
- Maps and diagrams
- Lightweight, opague, acid-free heirloom-quality paper, for decades of quality use
- Gilded page heads for decades of dust resistance
- Magnificent sculpted cover
- Ribbon place-marker
For most people, Tanach is something they studied a smattering of whenthey were too young to understand it. The result is that we have vaguerecollections of some of the narratives, and even less comprehension of itsmessages. But the Talmud tells us that the Books of the Prophets contain onlyprophecies that were needed by future generations. This new commentary not onlybrings the verses alive, it does so in such a way that they are actuallyspeaking to us ù in language, in outlook, in aspiration for spiritual growth.
The Rubin Edition's inclusion of the major Hebrew commentaries gives this work a high degree of versatility, so that it can be studied on manylevels.
What the Schottenstein Edition does for the study of Talmud, and the Stone Edition does for the study of Chumash, the Rubin Edition will do for thestudy of Tanach. For multitudes of people, it has been a closed book. Nomore.
This first volume in the Rubin Edition of the Prophets is THE BOOK OF JOSHUA AND JUDGES