Thanks to an expert team of scholars, writers, editors, and graphic designers, ArtScroll's new Spanish Interlinear Tehillim is here - the revolutionary new way to add meaning and understanding to prayer.
- the translation is always in front of your eyes
- your concentration is not disturbed
- you never lose your place in the Hebrew
- you never fall behind the congregation
- you always know which Spanish word fits which Hebrew word ?
- you're never frustrated by that "mysterious word."
- Innovative Interlinear translation
- The patent-pending use of arrows directs your eye in the right direction so that you can keep following along
- Commentary culled from classic sources and presented gracefully and literately
- Newly set, accurate Hebrew text of Tehillim
Descriptions don't do justice to this beautiful new "Interlinear" concept. So look at the sample page. Read. Recite. Pray. Understand the words -- and the flow. How much did you have to move your eye to look at the translation? Not a bit! How long did it take you to find the translation? No time at all!
Did it interfere with your concentration? No -- it improved it! Comprehension seeps in as you pray.
The great difficulty in this kind of treatment is reading Hebrew from right to left, and Spanish from left to right. How to keep the eye from wandering in both directions and falling prey to confusion? Look at the page again. The arrows unobtrusively direct your eye in the right direction. It's a tested, patent-pending method -- and it works! But the syntax of Hebrew and Spanish are different. Won't the sentences sometimes be incomprehensible? That's where the skill of the editors comes in. The comprehension is there. And wherever necessary, the commentary explains the flow of the verse.
In addition, the commentary does what you expect an ArtScroll commentary to do: it explains and clarifies. This new Wengrowsky Edition Interlinear Tehillim will elevate the standards of prayer for countless Spanish speaking Jews for generations to come.